Thursday, May 5, 2011

Digital Delights Day

Well, this was supposed to be a Mother's Day card...then I realized that Mother's Day is THIS weekend and I didn't need any more cards LOL...so I haven't put a sentiment on it yet...thinking I might make this into a birthday card for a 6 year old's party coming up.

The sweet image is Briley, from Digital Delights by Louby Loo. I've colored her with my newest Copics in the BG range to fit the Corrosive Challenge colors for this week: Pink & Turquoise. And I was inspired to use the embossing folder when I saw this week's CASE Study Challenge #37 card (and I also kept the layout).

I also want to point out that all of these papers are from Paper Temptress...where I am newly on the design team :) I have to say, the Blu Raspberry Pop Tones embossed amazingly... some papers crack, but this one is perfect! I printed the image on Cryogen White...no smudging at all and I LOOOOVE how it colored...it was FABULOUS to color on. Did I mention that it sparkles just a bit? And the sparkles show through the color, too. The card also uses some Razzleberry for the matte and the base is made with Eclipse Black...a very nice, sturdy weight for a card base...it would be great for holding up a really heavy card and for special folds. 

4 comments:

Donna said...

Adorable card. I love the embossed frame and how you offset the image. Never thought of that. Great idea.

Danni said...

So adorable!!

Marlene said...

Adorable card, Anita. Good idea - making it a birthday card!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

How lovely, Anita! This little girl is very cute :) I hope you'll come back and play again with us at the CASE Study!