Friday, March 4, 2011

Raise the Bar - Sentiments Only

Today's challenge at Raise the Bar is Sentiments ONLY...NO Images! I found this one really, really hard. I mean, I have lots of great sentiments to choose from, but to use them on a card without an image? YIKES. So, I was surfing for inspiration in some other challenges and saw a Diamond Fold card and thought...YES! That's perfect! I haven't made one of these in a long time. They are really quite easy, too. In my search I also saw that PlayDate Cafe's challenge is black with a splash of color...light pink in my case. And... Sentimental Sunday this week is an open challenge, so I'm entering this over there too.

This lovely scripture sentiment is from Paper Makeup Stamps. Please come back tomorrow to see my sneak peek of the March release from PMS, and don't forget to join us on Monday for the release party hop & chat that evening.

11 comments:

Lisa Foster said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the pink and black...so elegant!
Hugs,
Lisa

Berenice R. said...

So beautiful! :)

Thanh Vo said...

LOL I'm still "upset" that you had a creative obstacle and then you STILL came up with this gorgeous card, Anita! :P

Julie Ranae said...

So nice to see you back in The Play Date Cafe, Anita...This is one beautiful, BEAUTIFUL interpretation of the 'splash'! Lovely to see you again!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

The diamond fold is a great choice of design for the sentiment - it shows it off to perfection. Love the flower accents too. Thank you for joining in the fun at Sentimental Sundays. Hugs, Sylvia x

Michele said...

Absolutely outstanding card! I love the diamond fold and your color splash is lovely. Thank you for sharing your card and creativity! Definitely inspires me to go make a diamond fold! :)

Shirl said...

Gorgeous card and just right for our challenge at Sentimental Sundays.
Hugs Shirley x x

Ruby said...

I am SO with you on using a sentiment, it's a real challenge for me too! This is FAB! Love everything about it! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe this week!

HappyCrafter said...

Very cool card, Anita, I really like that fancy fold. So glad you joined us this week at Sentimental Sundays.

Colleen Dietrich said...

Anita, those are some amazing folds you did there! Thanks for joining us during Color Splash week at the Cafe. :)

Jaclyn Miller said...

What an amazing folded card - it's all perfection and a perfect use of this week's colors. Thanks so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe.