Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tango Skating by Digital Delights

Welcome to my very first post as a Designer for Digital Delights by Louby Lou! Please say "Hello" to Tango. Tango, please welcome my followers ;) Awww....I think you guys are going to get along just fine LOL In case you don't know, skating fever has hit Halifax, Nova Scotia (where I live). We are welcoming the Canada Winter Games to our fair city in just a couple of weeks and as part of that, organizers installed an outdoor speed skating oval in the middle of our city, in a park. There is free public skating there every day & evening and it's really cool to know that you're skating where future Olympians will be skating in a couple of weeks. ANYHOW... that's why I chose this image for my card today...besides the fact that he's just so darn cute! 

He's colored with, get this, a mixture of SU Markers, Copics and Touch markers. I still don't have all the Copics and I can't recreate certain SU colors, so the hat and scarf are SU markers. The body is Touch markers...I bought those when I first got into the alcohol markers because they are cheaper and were carried locally when Copics weren't. And the purple shadow is the lone Copic on this card LOL.

Today's sketch is courtesy of Sparkle's Christmas Card Challenge #7...hmmm...I meant to put some bling on those two teal pieces... have to go add those LOL.

Now over at the Digital Delights site you will see that Wendy is having a major clear out & retirement sale...so head on over there to pick up some deals. Plus, she's just added some cute Valentine's Day digi papers and an AWESOME set of "Tickets" to the store. And you still have a bit of time to enter your card in the SNR Digi Day challenge for your chance to win three Digital Delights images.

7 comments:

Jacki Randolph said...

Beautiful colors and oh so cute image!! He is darling and just makes me smile!!

Hugs xxx

Wendy said...

A gorgeous card Anita:) Skating huh?? Sounds like fun, it's been years since I did that although I bet I wouldn't even manage to stand up now!

Lisa Foster said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!! Your coloring is amazing! LOVE it!
Hugs,
Lisa

Rachel said...

This is sooo adorable!! I just love that paper and your coloring is gorgeous!!
hugs,
Rachel

kaylou said...

He's gorgeous Anita, fab card and fab colouring.
Hugs Kaylou xx

StephC said...

Fabulous card! The image is darling, and your coloring is fantastic. Great take on the sketch. So glad you joined us for this weeks CCC!

Thanh Vo said...

Nice to meet you, too, Tango! lol