Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Day


I hope you are enjoying the holidays! Here's a non-Christmas card for ya if you need a break ;) I was inspired by a magazine for this one. I'm not sure I can quite describe how I did this, but I'll try. I started by cutting the butterfly from Heartfelt Creations Decorative Butterfly Border out of my white card front. Then I adhered the cut white cardfront to the pink mat. I removed the main butterfly cut from the die, but left in all the little bits. I added glue to the back of the little bits and placed the die back in the white card front hole. then I ran the double mat, with the die & gluey bits back through my Cuttlebug. I carefully poked the white bits through the die so that the whole thing came out stuck together. If you push too hard, the pink butterfly will fall right out as it is cut. I added lots more adhesive to the back of the double mat, to ensure all the bits of the butterfly wouldn't fall out later. I used a paper piercer to punch the butterfly's trail and added a sentiment, then I glued the whole piece to the card base.


Here's a CAS 5 minute card using Simple Filler Stems. That's just a small scalloped nestability behind the button.

1 comment: