Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Day

In today's edition of Heartfelt Creations by Anita (LMBO) I have three cards that all use the same basic layout, but different techniques for the main image. I was inspired, once again, by a magzine, but had several ideas for how to make my own version.  I started with this card. The Holly leaves are stamped on Garden Green with black ink and cut out using the matching die. Then, when adhering the leaves, I curved them up and attached just the two ends so the middle popped up and looked more realistic. Here's a close up side view:

The mat is actually Cajun Craze...only because it was the best match for the buttons I found for the berries. The sentiment is from Holly Berry Filler. Then I thought, that won't mail very well...how can I make it flatter for easier mailing? So I embossed a swirly holly image from the aptly named Elegant Holly Swirls set.

I colred the leaves & berries with my Stampin Up! markers and added a few olive half pearls. Soooo simple! This would be a great one for mass mailing or gift making. But I was NOT done!

Then I went even more simple! I stamped two leaves and the sentiment in Garden Green and added three rhinestones for the berries. So...it just goes to show, the same card can be made simple or complex depending on the time & creativity you're feeling on a given day.