Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Day

This beautiful scene is available at Heartfelt Creations. I have to admit...I was inspired to make this all silver card after seeing this card by Laura Frederickson. I had to go out and find a new silver embossing powder though because the one I had wasn't shiny enough...it was more pewter I've decided. This one is Tim Holtz silver, in case you're wondering. I stamped the image on vellum, embossed and adhered by the corners to a plain white backing. Then I used my corner punch to cover up the glue dots showing through on the corners ;)


In this version, I embossed with silver on white vellum again, but I colored with my Copics on the BACK side of the image so that it just lightly shows through. This is called the "stained glass" technique on splitcoaststampers if you want to look up other samples.

7 comments:

Danni said...

Both are stunning!

ChristineCreations said...

WOW-zers Anita! These are BOTH stunning!

~*Joni said...

Oh these are pretty!! I love the variation, but they are both beautiful individually. Love that image - it's so pretty and scenic. Have a great week Hovey!

Laurie said...

Oooo, this is beautiful both ways!!!

Dawn B. said...

I love this image.. Your embossing is so pretty.. I love the corners.. Great job..

Maria Matter said...

Gorgeous Anita!!!

Olena said...

WOW this is stunning Anita!