Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Day

OMGosh...it's December! YIKES is all I can say. This last couple of weeks has been quite a blur what with my big Radiothon for the YWCA, getting ready to move our offices to a new building, Christmas shopping...sigh... anyhow... I did find some major mojo for Heartfelt Creations recently. I was inspired to make these two cards by a card I found in the 2008 issue of Holiday Card Creations. Yes, I really do keep all my old cardmaking magazines...and especially at Christmas I pull them out and look at previous years for inspiration. Sometimes it takes me a year or more to get the supplies I see in the magazines, so when I look at them later, I go "HEY! I have that paper!" LOL

I am in LOVE with this card. It's so bright & fun! Those bulbs are made from a medium sized flower petal from the Open Petals set. Soooo easy, if a tad time-consuming (if you wanted to make a bunch). All I did was stamp the "bulb" with black on scraps of cardstock to match the papers I was using, cut them out using the Heartfelt Creations matching die Perfect Petals. Pop up on foam, add your "cord" and layer papers as desired. The sentiment came from the Holly Berry Filler set, and I used my black marker to ink up just the "Deck the Halls" part of the sentiment as I didn't want the whole thing (no holly on this one LOL).


Now this card uses the same technique...but the "ornaments" are from Perfect Petal Medley. I embossed the petals with black or white and cut out using the dies, again. I added the gold cord through a hole, taping down on the back of the ornament. Then I popped the ornaments up on foam tape, and pulled the cord very loosely to the back of the panel so that the cord would curl for dimension. I taped the cord down really well on the back as I've had this stuff come loose before.

4 comments:

Danni said...

What wonderful cards!!

Carma said...

What a fabulous idea to use petals as Christmas bulbs!!! Love it!

kkraftyiam said...

really nice looking cards you made there...makes me want to go shopping - hehehe. Have a great day!

Lynne said...

So nice to have another use for my Heartfelt Perfect Petals. Wonderful colors to give some jazz to Christmas.