Sunday, December 19, 2010

Corrosive Challenge Goes Non-Traditional

Ok. Ok. So red & white is pretty traditional for Christmas. But is a horse? I don't think so LOL. I made this card for my former co-worker who is a rider. I love how his snout (is it called a snout on a horse?) hangs out over the circle, like he's looking through a window at you. The horse image & the Santa hat are both from Doodle Pantry. Laurie recently released a set called Santa Accessories to help you dress up some of her characters for Christmas. The hat wasn't really intended for the horse, but it works! I did have to cover one ear, but I figure, if you get a hat on a horse, it's probably going to cover an ear anyhow. I also added some Liquid Applique to the hat to give it a nice dimensional look. 

Doodle Pantry is this month's sponsor over at Corrosive Challenge. Come play along with your non-traditional Christmas card and you might just win some Doodle Pantry goodies for yourself!


4 comments:

Maria Matter said...

this is beautiful Anita, love how you used the 'out of the box' technique!!!
Merry Christmas!

Dawn Frost said...

Gorgeous horse, love how the nose is out of the circle! Awesome hat!

auntbeespickles said...

Oh Anita what a perfect card for your friend. I also love how he is poking his head out of the circle! Great creativity!! Keep it up!

Christa said...

great card love the colors and great christmas hat hugs christa