Friday, November 12, 2010

A Pedophile's Guide to Love & Pleasure

Amazon has pulled this book! But the fact that they defend their right to sell it...I will never buy from them again. NEVER! And they are still selling "Understanding Boy Lovers"! This is not the first time...they have sold guides to smuggling drugs and video games about Rape. This is disgusting!


Please scroll down for current posts.
The Pedophile's Guide to Love and Pleasure
YUP... I knew that would get your attention.

Ok everyone...I don't ask you to do much...but I cannot stand by and let this go! Amazon.com is selling this book and defending its right to do so! I don't generally "do" boycotts...but this...well... this has to be stopped. Please pass the word... the Twitter hashtag is #boycottamazon of course... I've posted on Facebook, too.  

Now my first thought was "How the heck did he get this crap published?" Apparently it is self-published. So Amazon really had to choose to sell this...it's not like they had a deal with a publisher that they had to honor no matter what they brought to the table. 

I was seriously considering a Kindle for Christmas...I'll be looking elsewhere. And I hope you will too!

5 comments:

Carisa said...

this makes me sick to my stomach. this can't possibly be real. :(

Amber Hight said...

That is the most disgusting thing ever, it can't be! A "person" in my office was recently sent to prison because he abused his DAUGHTER so things like this make me want to vomit. I can't believe Amazon is selling this!

Amber Hight said...

I just looked it up on Amazon and it seems it's not available now. I hope that's true! They should be ashamed of themselves...

Rachel Witthaus said...

I have a kindle and L.O.V.E it. From what I understand it is possible to self-publish "books" in kindle format (often called indies) so I'm sure that Amazon pulled it because someone alerted them to the fact it was there. As with the internet in general - people can publish what they like (take comments in a forum for instance) but often moderators will screen what people have said or respond to complaints. I agree this is awful but I wouldn't be jumping on Amazon for it - it wasn't endorsed by them. They should be commended for getting rid of it!

Anita Hovey said...

@ Rachel

Amazon totally defended their right to sell this. They had to agree to allow it even though it was self-published, and then they said that it was ok to sell it because it was just an "opinion". It was NOT a matter of it being pulled when they were alerted...unless you count being "alerted" by well over 3000 comments, thousands of e-mails before it was pulled. So, it WAS endorsed by them. It shouldn't have been allowed to happen at all. I will not commend them. Please take a few minutes to google the issue to see how they mis-handled this situation.

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Amazon+unethical+excusing+pedophile+guide/3822366/story.html