Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Heartfelt Creations New Release Day

There's a new release in town and it's gonna knock your socks off! This beautiful die cut is part of the new Create a Window Scene collection Heartfelt Creations will be releasing on Friday Today the HCDC design team are all featuring this incredible new collection and you will be amazed an inspired by the projects on the blog. Living in Canada has a few "cons" and one of them is the mail can take forever to get here from the US. So, while my fellow team mates have had this to play with for a couple of weeks, I only got mine a couple of days ago and only go the one project done on time.

To create this card, I stamped the background image in Cherry Cobbler on a 4 x 4 inch square of white and set it aside. I cut & embossed the window die on white and laid it down on a 4 x 5.25 piece of Cherry Cobbler. I used a pen to trace the inside of the window die onto the cherry cobbler (colors are different in my tutorial pics, sorry if that confuses you): 

Then I cut out around the lines, about 1/8 of an inch on the outside of the line to make sure it wouldn't peek out around the frame edges. I had to go back and clean them up a bit in a couple of spots. When I was done, it looked like this:



Then I glued the embossed frame onto the mat, creating this:

And here's what it looked like on the back side: 


Then I simply added foam tape all around the window and carefully positioned it over my stamped image. I added some tape to the back of the image and stuck the whole piece down on the white card base. Using the foam tape gives just enough space between the die cut and the stamped scene to really make it feel "window-like". I added some lace, flowers & a hat pin to finish as I wan't sure what sentiment I wanted to put on it LOL

This collection goes on sale Friday at 12:01 am! And that's Black Friday so there's sure to be lots of people out shopping online...get yours fast!


6 comments:

just me said...

It's absolutely gorgeous!! Awesome job:)

Olena said...

Beautiful card! Love it! Olena

Thanh Vo said...

This window card is gorgeous, Anita! Thanks for the tutorial too. :D

Thanh Vo said...

This window card is gorgeous, Anita! Thanks for the tutorial too. :D

kkraftyiam said...

me likey - great job on the window -- way kewl

MaryNSC said...

I think this is the prettiest card I have ever seen..