Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Heartfelt Creations Altered Frame


Yup...that's right...I did an altered frame! I know, I know...pick your jaw up off the floor...I am stunned too :) I don't generally like my "altered" ambitions well enough to show them on here, but this one I do quite like...in fact, I like it enough that I'll have to make another one because I'm committed to sending this one to Heartfelt Creations as part of my contract with them LOL Doesn't that just figure? I finally make something I like and I have to give it away! 

Products Used:
HCPC 3351 Cardinal with Holly Berries
HCD 706 Cardinal Family Die Cuts

To cover frame, I cut the paper to fit and ahered with Tombow multi-glue...but make sure you don't put on too much and spread it around evenly or your paper will pucker and bubble! Once the glue had dried, I used a craft knife to slice the hole out of the middle of the frame. Then I lined the inside edge of the picture hole with red line tape, allowing the tape to fold over onto the front of the frame. I put three colors of glass beads in an embossing tray and laid the frame inside to cover the tape with beads. Gently press the beads into the tape so they don't just fall off.

For the inside, I cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the hole, and found that it was too "loud" so I covered it with a piece of vellum to soften the look. Stamp the cardinal & color as desired. Cut with the die cut. Adhere to the vellum with foam dots. I finished it off with some velvet flowers in the corners.

Heartfelt Creations will be releasing the Create a Window Scene Collection on Thursday, Nov. 25 at 12 Midnight. As a special thank you to our customers we will be offering some amazing "Black Friday Deals" on this must-have collection! I have seen it and it's GOJUS!



5 comments:

Christi Snow said...

oooh, this is really beautiful! smiles...

Deb said...

This is beautiful, Anita! I love the rich colors and theelegance of the flowers and microbeads! Hope you are feeling better!

~*Joni said...

This is sooo pretty Anita!! I love your frame, you've always done great work, why on earth would you hesitate to do an altered item? teehee! Happy day to you and this beautiful cardinal my friend!

beadz said...

Anita, your frame turned out great! It would make a perfect Christmas decoration.
hugs,


Gini

Olena said...

Love it!