Saturday, November 6, 2010

A CASE Study in Blues (and silver & white)

There seem to be a lot of challenges for blue this week... So I've been playing with the blues :) First up, a couple of Flourishes cards for their November release challenge "Warm Winter Wishes". So far, this is the only Flourishes Christmas set I have (OMG), but it lends itself quite easily to CAS cards, which are fabulous for mailing...and mass production at Christmas.

I started with this one...silver embossing on Night of Navy c/s and the mat is white. But...hmmm...I just wasn't quite happy with the end result. I added a couple of tiny little stars by the sentiment (LOOOVE that script), but I decided to try again.

I like this version better. No bling...just ink & sponging with a simple bow. Hard to tell in this pic, but the mat on this one is actually silver paper. This one I'm entering at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge this week as well.

And then, keeping with the blue, white & silver theme, I decided to play along at CASE Study. The inspiration card this week was perfect for using up some scraps of paper (not that I have a problem with scraps!) I'm also entering these cards at the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger, my blues aren't quite as vibrant, but they're still blue :)


15 comments:

Angelica said...

Beautfiul cards, love the your version of the "Case Study" challenge.

Heather P. said...

These are awesome!

Dawn B. said...

Gorgeous cards Anita.. I love the way you used your Flourishes set.. Thanks so much for joining us at Flourishes this week. Hope to see you at the release party on Thursday. :)

Julie said...

Fantastic cards Anita!

Jean Martin said...

Gorgeous cards Anita!!!

Tessa said...

These are all really beautiful! I actually like the first one the best!

Andrea Ewen said...

Super holiday cards Anita. I love the look of the 3rd card with it's soft, swirling snowflakes and wonderfully tied ribbon. Beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASE Study challenges!

Bonnie - Really Reasonable Ribbon said...

All your cards are gorgeous!! Thanks so much for joining our Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

All three beautiful and classy, but I love seeing the reverse of the colors in the Bethlehem scene...really lovely Anita!

Leslie Miller said...

So many ways to say "blue", and all fabulous! Good luck with Flourishes' challenge!

Sue Kohler said...

what great array of christmas cards, the colours are so soft and subtle! Thanks for playing along with us at CASE study this week! :)

Monika Reeck said...

All your card is elegant and lovely blue color..Great card all...I just join the Tuesday Trigger my card is number 43, maybe you would like to see my Blog :) many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Sharon D. from Canada said...

Beautiful cards! I especially love the snowflakes 'happy holidays' - so very elegant!

Cath said...

Hey Anita! What lovely approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

All of these are so pretty! Great cards.