Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sweet Sunday Sketch


One of my new favorite sketch challenges is Karen Giron's Sweet Sunday Sketch. Oh...it's not really new...but I haven't played there a whole lot. Karen has great sketches and wonderful cards for inspiration...plus...she designed that cool watermark I use on my photos! This card was made for her Sweet Sunday Sketch #77. I also wanted to play along at PlayDateCafe, which I haven't done for a while. They have an inspiration challenge up right now and it's a "provencal" shelf full of fabulous colored pottery. When I was flipping through my stack of pre-printed digis I found this VanGogh coloring page image that I hadn't tried yet and looky looky...there is a pot of sunflowers in the inspiration photo! I wasn't sure it was going to work with the colors of Copics I have, but I think it did!

5 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Anita...so glad to have you play with us once again in The Cafe...this card is a stunner and a wonderful interpretation of all the colors available : )

Lisa Somerville said...

Glad you could join us again at the PDCC, wonderful use of the challenge colors.

Stephanie Kraft said...

Beautiful, Anita! So glad to see you playing at the Play Date Cafe this week!!

Sarah Anderson said...

Thanks for joining us at the play date cafe again Anita - such a lovely use of this week'scolours, I love your Van Gogh vase of flowers

Suzanne C said...

Love the image which is perfect for the color inspiration! Lovely card! Glad you joined us again at the PDCC.