Friday, July 16, 2010

Raise the Bar with Makeup 4 the Weekend


It challenge day for me again and today I've managed to combine my Raise the Bar duties with my Paper Makeup duties! YES! That cute little hummingbird & sentiment are from the July release of Paper Makeup Stamps.

Today's Makeup 4 the Weekend challenge, put forth by Tina Hale, is to incorporate felt into your project. The ONLY felt I have is one package of felties to match my BG June Bug paper pack that I won in Michelle's blog candy a while back. So, I had no choice, I had to do something with June Bug paper. Flipping through the stack, I thought this sheet would be perfect for the new Hummingbird, who could be "drinking" from a flower...and VOILA! Add a sentiment and you're good to go! I love the font for this sentiment. Funny enough...the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday #75 is also to use felt this week...VOILA!

Joni's challenge at Raise the Bar is I Do! Use something old (navy cardstock), something new (the hummingbird stamp), something borrowed (my paper stack from Michelle), and something blue (cardstock & the button feltie).

I love the challenge of purposely trying to make my two assignments work together :) I hope you'll come play along at one, or both, of these challenges this week!


9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Way to go combining these challenges! I love Basic Grey Junebug and this image goes perfectly!

Tina said...

What a beauty! I love the paper choices!

Rachel said...

I love it! :)

Danni said...

This is so creative! I love it!! Wow, just love it!

Carma said...

This dp is fantastic. Works perfectly!

Michelle VP said...

And what a perfect card you created by pulling your challenges together too! I love how 3-D the hummingbird looks with that pretty floral paper. Great felt accent too! :)

Silke Ledlow said...

Beautiful card Anita!!! The DP is awesome and the felt flower is a wonderful addition!!!

Thank you for playing the FTTC with us!!! Hugs ~S~

Betty Wright said...

Just beautiful, Anita! Wonderful colors and design! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Stephanie Zito said...

Absolutely stunning Anita! Such a pretty card!