Friday, July 2, 2010

Makeup for the Weekend - Windows

I'm soooo excited! This is my first Makeup for the Weekend as an official Design Team Member for Paper Makeup Stamps! This week's challenge is to make a window card and decorate both the front and the inside. This was really a challenge for me as I don't generally do window cards, but I thought it would be a great chance to get out my Wild Card Cricut cartridge and see what I could do. The hardest part of this card was getting the stamp in the right place to show through the window LOL.

That gorgeous designer paper is from Bo Bunny and I couldn't have placed that sunflower better if I had tried...pure luck with the Cricut LOL. That's Kirsten peeking out through the window, and the sentiment is the small version of the Friends are angels sentiment, punched out with the SU large oval punch. I used my gold Signo gel pen to outline the frame for a little definition.

 Here's the inside of the card. Kirsten is colored with Copics, Touch and SU markers. I added some stickles on the dandelion and the wings for a little sparkle.

If you just stopped in here today, please head over to the PMS Blog to see what the other DT members have done with windows this week and then join in the fun yourself! And please come back on Sunday to see my first SNEAK PEEK for the next release due out July 7th...this is a fabulous release (as if they all weren't).

8 comments:

Katie Cotton said...

this is adorable! I absolutely love it and fabulous coloring job!

Carma said...

Kirsten is one of my favorite fairies. Love the shape of the frame!

Crafty Engineering said...

Awesome card! Just love the colors and your coloring makes me envious!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

LOL! I'm glad to see that you decorated the inside and the outside. I totally forgot that part...but eh, at least I did a window card! I love your card. It's so vintage-ish! And Kirsten is one of my FAVE fairies!

Danni said...

This is stunning! That paper is just awesome!! Great job!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

WOW ... this is AMAZING! I love what you've done here and CONGRATS on the new DT spot!! They are lucky to have you on board!!

Michelle VP said...

Again, what beautiful paper! Perfect for Kirsten to peek through. :)

Tangii said...

Anita, this is just fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!