Wednesday, July 7, 2010

It's a Beauty Hop with PMS!

Welcome to the Beauty Hop for Paper Makeup Stamps! We're previewing the July release today in preparation for the big party tonite. If you've found your way over from Tina's blog then you're on the right track...and you're nearing the end. If you've just popped in her 'cuz you love me and can't miss a single thing I do...then you really need to start from the beginning at the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog. Have you picked our your favourite new set yet? If you have, then I'm here to show you why you neeeeeed "Kiss and Makeup", too!


The first reason you need this set is for the LIPS! I swear it looks like Katie herself kissed the molds to make this stamp LOL. There are two sizes of lips so you can kiss any thing...any size...or all over like I did here. I still had my Bo Bunny papers out, so I decided to use up some of the scraps on my cards for today...I know purple and red is a "red hatter" thing, but I thought this damask paper looked kinda sexy and built my card around those colors...I used the new In-Color Concord Crush from SU and Rose Red. I used white embossing powder for the sentiment to make sure it really stood out on the printed paper. The sketch I used is from a new-to-me challenge: Cards & Things #39.


Now this card took advantage of my original idea for the lips... embossing powder...I used burgandy embossing powder to give the lips a wet & luscious look that just doesn't come across on screen...oh well. The smaller lips stamp is the perfect size for a little embellishment on a card... or for the back of an envelope. This sketch is for Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch #129. I cheated just a bit because my scrap of paper had all these strips in it...I didn't have to piece them together Tee Hee.

So...big lips...little lips and some "punny" sentiments...I just know this is your favorite set now...isn't it? Ok...I'll give you till the end of the hop to decide. Now you need two things to continue on your way. First, my letter for your 15% discount code on anything in the July release is

And second, you need to know that your next blop (ha ha...that's my new made up term for blog stop) is the "stylin" Ginger. Now, should Blogger be actin' up again today and a link is broken, the full hop schedule is on the Paper Makeup Stamps Blog for your convenience.

Are you ready for tonight's release party festivities? I sure am...it's my first party as a DT member for PMS...I've only missed one or two of Katie's parties, so this will be a new experience for me and I'm very excited to be part of the "behind the scenes" work for this release. I hope you will come join the fun in the PMS Forum at 8 pm CST (10 pm Atlantic)...there's always lots of gabbing and gaming...and usually lots of talk about food :)

Have a beautiful day!

37 comments:

Bonnie said...

Both of these are so beautiful! I love all those beautiful lips on your first card and the colours are gorgeous on your second card!

Katie Cotton said...

oh i love and adore how you layered the lips!!! Both cards are great!!!

Tina said...

Both cards are so beautiful. I love the mix of papers.

Jane Wetzel said...

these kisses are so darn cute! love what u did!

akagreenhouse said...

Both cards are fabulous! Love all the kisses!!!

Shaela said...

woohoo, love BOTH cards!! that first card is so great using several kissmarks on one large focal panel - great idea!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

These are BOTH fabulous cards! but I REALLY like the layers of lips on the first one! A perfect card for a loved one!

Lisa Kind said...

Two cards? My, you were busy! These are both fabulous and showcase how many different ways you can use this lucious lips! Beautiful colors and lovely cards!

Ola said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous.... I love, love, love your first one!

Thanks so much for sharing!!!

~Ola
okj83 at live dot com

Ginny said...

Wow two cards, and both super beautiful! I can't wait to start using these stamps... maybe this weekend :D

Ms. Jen said...

Love the different techniques you used on both cards!

Randee E said...

Both are so fun! Love the lip menagerie on the first one :0) I could see a whole background done just like that!

jan farnworth said...

love how you used the lips on the first one very cute.

Danni said...

Loving these!! So fun!!

Tangii said...

Oh my goodness, these are just great! I love them both!!!!

Christi said...

Both of your cards are fantastic!! Now I cannot WAIT to ink this set up!!

Michelle VP said...

I love both of your cards Anita! Such fun colors and fabulous lips! :)

Tracey said...

I am loving the colours on these cards! Gorgeous work Anita!!

Ashley Nguyen Newell said...

What super fun cards!

FibreJunky said...

I think it came across just fine! Those kips lookj great all embossed! See you at the party!

Stephanie Zito said...

These are both fabulous Anita! Love your card designs and choice of dp!

Carisa said...

i LOVE this set & MUST have it!! i'm so excited to see you as part of this fabulous DT!

Michele Gross said...

Love this card! It is fabulous :)

Kay said...

Very hot! I'm lovin' those lips!

JulieM said...

cleverly cute card

daisey1977 said...

Very cute cards! Love seeing the variety those lips can be used!! :)

Sherry Campbell said...

Wow- I love both of these!

Mandi said...

Great cards Anita! I love the lips card so darn cute!

jennruggeri75 said...

These are great! The colors just PoP!! Those lips are just too perfect!

Deanna said...

Loving the lips!

Stampin_melissa said...

Both cards are great! I'm lovin' those lips!

Dawn Mercedes said...

xoxoxo!

Crafty Engineering said...

Love all of the kisses!

Sharon Field / Created By You said...

Love your cards & things challenge submission!! Those kisses are too cute. Thanks for playing along with us this week!
Sharon Field / Created By You

JazzyH said...

I love the variety. Great stuff!

MJ said...

Sorry to be late with my comment, just getting home from a week of camping. I love your sample for my sketch challenge. How luck you are to find the perfect paper. I love it. That stamps is so fun too. I bet it looks just like a real lipstick kiss in person. Great job, thanks so much for playing along!

Krista Driessen said...

Great card ! Thanks for playing along with C&T !