Thursday, July 1, 2010

HAPPY CANADA DAY

CANADA is best known for

Universal health care
Multiculturalism
Crucial roles in both world wars (Juno beach, Vimmy ridge, Hollands Liberation)
Human Rights leadership
Being polite
Saying "eh"
Birthplace of Hockey & Basketball
Home of Alanis Morrisette, Bryan Adams, Nickleback, David Foster, Wayne Gretzkey, Sidney Crosby
Hosting the 2010 Winter Olympics
Beavers, Moose, Geese, poutine, donairs

Canada is one of the planet's most comfortable, and caring, societies. The United Nations Human Development Index cited the country as the most desirable place in the world to live. This year a World Bank study named Canada the globe's second wealthiest society after Australia.
Time magazine

I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind.
John DiefenbakerFrom the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960

In a world darkened by ethnic conflicts that tear nations apart, Canada stands as a model of how people of different cultures can live and work together in peace, prosperity, and mutual respect.
Bill Clinton

When I'm in Canada, I feel this is what the world should be like.
Jane Fonda

Proud to be a Canadian!

3 comments:

KanataNewf said...

Such appropriate words - Happy Canada Day from our Nation's Capital.

Danni said...

Happy Canada Day, my friend!

Bonnie said...

Amen! and happy to be working with you on PMS stamps! Happy Canada Day from Southwestern Ontario!!