Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Corrosive PMS Review

Finally, finally, finally I got to play with "Dandy Wishes" from the Paper Makeup Stamps July release. I think my heart skipped a beat when I saw this stamp set, which is designed by Lindsay Spencer. There are just soooo many possibilities! My very first thought for this set was "OOOOOOH...that would be perfect for stamping with bleach". I've never actually done the bleach technique. So, one night, I scurried to the basement to find my bleach (why wasn't that in my craft room already...it certainly doesn't need to be near the laundry) and got bleaching. If you try this at home, you need to know that the results are unpredictable...you can't be sure what color your paper will turn. Some colors don't change very much (in my case Tempting Turquoise was barely noticeable). Other colors go quite white. And then you get something like Soft Suede that turns a lovely shade of unmatchable yellow...something between Delightful Daffodil and More Mustard (ok... you can take the girl out of SU, but it takes forever to get the SU out of the girl!) I stamped the smaller dandelion silhouette three times with bleach and this is the result:

Now today is also Corrosive Challenge Day, so I had to do another card because I couldn't seem to make the bleached image work with the Corrosive Sketch :( When I was playing with the bleach I noticed that the dandelions kind of resembled fireworks when they were bleached. Maybe I'm still in celebration mode from Canada Day...wishing we hadn't gotten rained out for our fireworks that night. Anywho... I pulled out my markers to make some fireworks and here's what happened:



See the super cute, matchy-matchy pink dp? I stamped that with the two little fluff seeds that come in the Dandy Wishes set! And this sentiment is an earlier PMS release...it's a classic stamp that works really well with the new set.

Do you recognize these colors yet? I know I've seen this combo absolutely everywhere this week. That's because this is the Color Throwdown 100 combo and they're having a HUMONGO celebration. It starts with the blog hop on the CTD Blog where you can win some of $1700 worth of prizes (like the PMS July release!) just for commenting on each designer's blog. Plus, you can play along and submit your own creation with these colors. As an added bonus, Paper Makeup Stamps is supporting the party with a prize on the PMS Blog if you use PMS Stamps to make your CTD creation. WHEW...that's a lot of prizes! You only have until midnight TONIGHT to make the rounds for the commenting prizes...so get going!


Now if you were having issues on the PMS site when you tried to order, those problems should be all cleared up now, so please try again! And don't forget to use your blog hop code for the 15% discount!

4 comments:

Stephanie Zito said...

Wow! These are both fantastic Anita! I really have to try that bleach technique! Thanks for the inspiration!

Our Little Inspirations said...

What a pretty card! Thanks for playing along with the CTD!

Broni said...

Beautiful cards, Anita! Love the dandelions! Thanks so much for helping us celebrate our 100th Color Throwdown challenge!

debhorst said...

oh I just love this stamp set....you did an awesome job showcasing this color combo...Thanks for playing along with this special 100th Color Throwdown challenge !! Don't forget to "hop" around to all the blog stops and leave some love...this will make the members of the blog hop happy as well as increase your chances of winning!!