Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Card Patterns Double Take



I was soooo happy to see this week's Card Patterns sketch. I had some square, woven quilts I made a long time ago and never used, so this was the perfect chance to use them! I just needed to find a couple of images that were small enough to fit in the corner. First up, I did the cute sheep from Sugar Nellie (it was a freebie a couple weeks ago). I can't get the colors on this one to show up very well, but the dp is Sage Shadow, Pale Plum and Celery and the card is Handsome Hunter. I love using sheep on a card after a long day of coloring because they take very little coloring! This card went together really fast and I quite like it, even though Sage & Hunter are two of my least favorite greens. This sentiment is from Whimsie Doodles.


My next card uses the Peacock from the July release at Paper Makeup Stamps. I paper toled this one by popping up the body and then the wing on pop dots to give it dimension. Again with the bad colors...I have a hard time getting dark colors to show up properly. These colors are Baja Breeze, Perfect Pear and Not Quite Navy.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So adorable! Love them both... can you send me some of your mojo pleeeease.

Danni said...

Wonderful cards!!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

cute cards!

Michelle VP said...

Love your quilt block backgrounds on these cards! :)