Friday, June 25, 2010

Raise the Bar--in the Evening

Happy Birthday to my Father & my first born DD Elizabeth!
(not that they'll see this, but I feel better now)

Ok...so this is a bit of a stretch for this week's Raise the Bar Challenge--anything "evening" to celebrate the opening of Eclipse... I don't seem to have any stars or moons and my first card with a star sentiment just didn't work out...so here's my logic...Every year on summer vacation we buy the girls some sparklers...they're scared to death of them, but intrigued all the same. When do we light them? In the EVENING of course so they'll glow! This image (Shaela by Paper Makeup Stamps) reminds me of my DD who has this filmy, frothy, swirly pink dress that she loves...and she loves to swing her sparkly wand all around...but she's blonde LOL.

Other Challenges:
The Pink Elephant 72 - Pink & Black
Mojo Monday
Paper Sundaes 23 - Pretty as a Princess

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Ooo Love it!

BananaStamper said...

Great card Anita! Makes sense to me, sparklers in the evening! Such a fantastic challenge, esp since i'm a big Twilight fan! Really hoping to do this challenge since I'm off on holidays this week!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Christi said...

This is gorgeous Anita!!!

Danni said...

What a fun color scheme!! Great card!!

HappyCrafter said...

Very sweet, thank you for sharing your inspiration--I love sparklers! Glad you joined us at Paper Sundaes this week :-)

alicaz said...

so pretty! Great take on the challenge!
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

Krista said...

Wow this is just gorgeous!!! You totally rocked the pink and black challenge at TPE! Thanks for playing along!