Sunday, June 20, 2010


I got to play some challenges today...just for fun! AND I finally took out my new SU stamps...this being one...I love Hydrangeas, so I was very excited to see how easy this stamp worked without any coloring! I used Not Quite Navy and Celery this time as I was TRYING to do the Color Throwdown...but I forgot to incorporate the Cameo Coral...ooops...this is becoming a theme for me. I DID however follow the sketch at Get Sketchy this week...I just wish I had spaced the lines of bling a bit further apart to balance the card more.


Then I broke out my latest moody girl, Moody for Dragonflies, from Paper Makeup Stamps...now their challenge this week is "Anything Baby"...hmm....does baby blue count? I colored her with a combo of Touch & Copic markers...I'm still trying to decide which I like better...I find they are quite different and I seem to be better with the Touch blending for some reason. This sketch is from Card Patterns and I'm also entering this card at Play Date Cafe: Black, White & Blue, as well as Fussy & Fancy: Monochrome & wings (there are dragonflies on that image).

And one more for today... I have this thing for ants...you may remember my excitement at finding the "high hopes" ant at High Hopes rubber stamps... well, Doodle Pantry has a couple of cute images, too...and I just thought this sentiment was fabulous...and unexpected. Now someone was doing a Blue & Yellow challenge too...but I'll be darned if I can find it to link here LOL. I did base this card on the Sweet Sunday Sketch as well, but now I see I'm off a bit...oh well...still going to link it! OHHHH....and Sentimental Sundays challenge this week is to use your favorite sentiment... well, this is my "new" favorite...for this week anyhow...LMBO.

16 comments:

dstandard said...

Fabulous cards - love the images! Thanks for playing at Card Patterns!

Joanne Travis said...

I love the realistic style flower stamps and was so happy to see this in the new catty. So beautiful!

Cheryl said...

I love your "new" favorite sentiment. Wonderful card. Thank you for joining us for the Sentimental Sundays challenge. Good luck!

JazzyH said...

Great cards!

Monika Reeck said...

fabulous card with black white and blue colors....love your hydrangeas...so adorable.....I just joining The Play Date Cafe challenge too and my card is number 67, would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Annika said...

Absolutely gorgeous. Your layouts are so well balanced and fun, very good eye for added details and colour matching. Wonderful colouring.
Thanks for playing at Sentimental Sundays with us!
Hugs
Annika

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards, wonderful use of this week challenge. Thanks for joining us at the PDCC.

Jacki Randolph said...

Beautiful cards Anita!! Love the Moody girl, gorgeous colors. Thanks for playing with us at Fussy & Fancy challenge.

Ruby said...

Lovely cards! So glad you managed to join in! Thanks for playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe!

Suzanne C said...

So many lovely cards. Love the ants too cute. The hydrangea is beautiful and the coloring on your image on the second card is fantastic. Thanks for playing in the PDCC!

Stephanie Kraft said...

These are all so wonderful, Anita! Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!

Papertrails by a paper lover said...

fabulous card you made! I think the like the 3rd the best because that image is so adorable!

Deb Hickman said...

Gorgeous cards.I love the image of the girl on Crad Pattern challenge card.

Rachel said...

Wow, Awesome cards! You are super motivated... send some of that my way!

BonnieRose said...

Love your style, Beautiful! Thks for playing along with us at Sentimental Sundays!

Juanita said...

All these cards are super cute, fabulous coloring on the last 2. Thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.