Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day Double Assignment


This is DH's Father's Day card for this year. I think I've got a winner here...he just doesn't seem to really appreciate cards in general, so I usually don't bother making him cards for most occasions. However, this year he petitioned to receive a Coat of Arms for our family and in the process decided that the animal on the Coat of Arms would be the Snowy Owl...so it's now a symbol of our family, I guess. He's also been getting very interested in his Scottish heritage, thus the plaid paper. I actually started this card because I wanted to use the plaid & the owl together for him...so I went searching for a sketch and found this one on the Mojo Monday blog from a while back. So, for my first "assignment" today, here is my Raise the Bar card for the Father's Day theme.

Then, as I sat looking at this, I realized that it would also work for my Corrosive Challenge assignment for this week... Black & White + one other color....RED! Whoo hoo! I love it when that happens.

Come play along with one or both of these challenges this week...show us your Father's Day creations and your B&W +1 Color Combos. 



No comments: