Monday, May 17, 2010

She's a purple sort of girl!


What if…
there was a purple planet 
with purple people on it?

My crafting this weekend left me feeling like Mable Murple...my all-time favourite Sheree Fitch story. If you've never read "Toes in my Nose" or "Monkeys in My Kitchen" you are missing out! Her books are filled with fun alliteration and tons of made up words that somehow make sense...I think she was the inspiration behind my invention of the word "poopcident"...mothers of babies...you KNOW what that word means! ANYhow... here's why I was feeling murple-ish

First up, my second attempt at the hydrangea image...tried to make this one lighter, but it doesn't appear much lighter in the end. I am in love with this digi image (did I mention before it's a freebie you can find on splitcoaststampers?) I used the Sweet Sunday Sketch 69 for this one.

Next up is Ashlie from PaperMakeup Stamps...using the sketch from Friday Sketchers.

And finally, just playing with this awesome digi that was also a freebie on Splitcoaststampers...it's meant to be cut out by the Curved Rectangle Nestabilities. I added a sentiment from Digiments (so sad she closed up shop). A very simple & quick card.

OK...I admit it...I love using my purple Copics :) I do have a few other colors now, but the purples are just so pretty! I will try to branch out next week.



14 comments:

Butternut Sage Designs said...

your violet card is my favorite of ALL the cards this time around!

Janneke said...

All cards are so pretty.
Thanks for joining us at Friday Sketchers this week ;0)

Janneke X

JazzyH said...

I love the purple. Great cards!

Katie Cotton said...

this is so sweet! I love it!

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

Absolutely Purplicious! Purple is my favorite color too and these creations are amazing! Thanks for all the purple inspiration ... now if I could only get my camera to photograph in purples instead of blues!!! Great job!

Debby said...

Okay my dear they are all pretty and your hydrangea is Amazing!

Alex said...

LOVE the purple! My favorite color and you really did a great job with a LOT of variety! WOW!

Ginny said...

I love ashlie in purple! super cute card.

jan farnworth said...

your ashlie card is great and she is so cute in purple.

Christi said...

That Ashlie card is SO sweet! I love how you did the rhinestones!!!

Michelle VP said...

Oooh, Ashlie looks so great in purple! And I love how you tilted a second nestie shape ever so slightly behind the first one. :)

Lisa Kind said...

Love your Ashlie in all her purple! Pretty card!

Dawn Mercedes said...

nitsy! I had to scroll and scroll to find a PMS! haha. You better put some of that PMS rubber to the top of your stamping pile! haha.

But this is a really neat layout. The bling across the arch is really eye catching!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisabee) said...

Ooh, Ashlie is so purply and fun! Great job with that card, but I especially like the semi-circle of gemstones! Perfect bling!