Sunday, May 2, 2010

Rocking the Moody Challenges!


More of me playing with my new Spellbinders Frameability. I thought this week's ColorQ challenge was an interesting one and I wanted to use this Moody for Rock that I had printed out already. The color challenge was Bravo Burgandy, Cameo Coral, Sage Shadow, Always Artichoke...and then I noticed that I somehow used Mellow Moss by mistake LOL. I find my Bravo Burgandy marker looks almost black, so I watercolored with it and it gave me this nice red guitar!



Now this one is me practicing with my very few Copics...I only have 5 purples LOL I also saw this great tutorial by Dawn Burnworth on how to make these beautiful ribbon flowers and I just had to try it...lucky for me the purple ribbon I used to test it matched this card! Dawn has some lovely blog candy right now, too!

The ribbon flowers qualifies for this week's Stamp Simply Challenge. Too bad I didn't pay attention and use Banana & Olive instead of Celery & Saffron, cause then I would have qualified for the Color Throwdown, too, sigh... oh well.

5 comments:

Joanne Travis said...

Wow!! Both of these samples are awesome!! Love the flowers and the amazing colors in the first card, that caught my eye right away. Beautifully done, as always.

Katie Cotton said...

these are fantabulous! Awesome work Nitsy!!!

Deb Neerman said...

These are just gorgeous! Love those fabulous ribbon flowers!!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" 3D Flower challenge!

Heidi said...

Both of these are fabulous Anita!

Dawn B. said...

woohoooo they look amazing.. Perfect for this image.. I LOVE the purples.. I really like this.. Thanks so much for the shout out for my blog candy too.. Way to go on the flowers...