Sunday, May 9, 2010

Copic-ing Practice

Yes, I have finally succumb to the alcohol ink marker craze...I took a class on Copics last Friday and now I am hooked...a little late in the game, but still hooked. So, I spent all weekend practising with my Copics & Touch markers.

Here is one of the first ones I did...this image is from Christy Croll, illustrator of Tiddly Inks :) I was too lazy to look up a lighthouse like this to see what colors it could be, so I stuck with black & white... for my US friends...did you know that in Canada we only have plain white lighthouses?

Then I tried this one...a free image I found on Splitcoaststampers. It's a little dark, but I don't have the lighter Copic for this set yet. I used the Paper Sundaes sketch for this one, and tried the "nestie out of the box" technique on the leaves...haven't done that before and it was actually quite easy.

And finally, this PMS fairy for the Play Date Cafe color challenge: Pink, Grey & Black.

Thanks for checking in today...if you have any good Copic resources to share with me...please post in the comments...I'm now on the hunt for good tutorials!

14 comments:

Crystal said...

Great cards Anita, I love the lighthouse, your colouring is fantastic! Love your take on our PS sketch too! Thanks for playing along at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Carla aka scrappypug said...

Gorgeous cards! I need to try that nestie technique..looks cool!

Carrie said...

Sooo cute Anita. I love them!

mishaloots said...

beautiful cards..and youve sure got the copics down now!
great coloring, anita!
TFS!
mish

alicaz said...

great cards! you are pretty good with copics, would guess you a beginner ;)
Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes!

JazzyH said...

Those are great! I know we have to practice the copics, I am doing the same thing.

Sarah Anderson said...

great fairy card for this week's play date cafe colour challenge - and great colouring too :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

I really need to get some copics--these are fab! I love that lighthouse card--and the fairy one is super sweet too! Great job on all three:) Thanks for joining in the fun at the PDCC!

Ruby said...

You've done a great job with your copics! Lovely cards, particularly the fairy one! Thanks for playing along with us this week at the Play Date Cafe! :)

HappyCrafter said...

Wow, your copic colouring is fantastic! I wouldn't of know you were just starting out! Lovely cards :-) Glad you joined us this week at Paper Sundaes.

Jenny said...

Very pretty set of cards! I especially like the middle one, but I am partial to purple!! Congrats on entering the Copic Craze ;) Thanks for joing us at Paper Sundaes!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

Such pretty cards! Great job coloring the sweet image on the 3rd one! Thanks for playing along with the PDCC :)

Suzanne C said...

Lovely cards and great coloring! Cute fairy images and super cute card! Thanks for playing along with the pDCC this week!

Stephanie Kraft said...

These are all wonderful, Anita! You're doing great with Copics.. Thanks for playing with the Play Date Cafe!!