Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Color Dare




This week's Color Dare features some old favorites: Baja Blue, Kiwi Kiss, Pumpkin Pie and Ruby Red. Red & Green without Christmas??? Well, that just says "hummingbird" to me, so I decided to break out Spring Song...which I've had for months and not even mounted! I watercolored it first and then went over some areas with matching markers for more depth of color. The only Baja Blue I've used is the shadow around the image. I have to say, I am really glad they are bringing back Riding Hood Red & Baja Breeze...I will miss Kiwi Kiss tho...

Now, the funny part...because I usually work ahead on my DT projects, this card was done two weeks ago...and I used a sketch...but oopsy...I couldn't post it until now, so I missed the sketch challenge deadline...Oh well...It was Card Patterns Sketch 60.

3 comments:

Patti said...

So pretty! I've done the same thing and missed several challenges :0

Liz Williams said...

Wow, you've done some amazing coloring and I love the way the green and orange are dominant. Orange is a favorite of mine!! Great layout too.

Danni said...

Oh how I like this! I have the hardest time coloring that hummingbird but yours looks gorgeous!! Thanks for the inspiration!