Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Color Dare

Well. This is a STRETCH for me :) I'm not really much for techniques...nor for the "vintage" look...and this is kind of both...I don't really know what hit me today LOL. I think this is some version of the Joseph's Coat technique... maybe JanTink's "inside out"...I'm not really sure.  Anyhow...I started by inking up my much neglected Paisley background stamp in Summer Sun. I stamped it on Very Vanilla...not glossy white as I didn't have any. Then I overstamped with Sanded background in Old Olive. I stamped the Medallion in Versamark and embossed in clear (a feat in itself since I left my heat gun at a customer's house...I held it over my stove burner LOL). Finally, I brayered Certainly celery ink over the whole thing. In person you can see the Paisley pattern a bit and it has a great, mottled look about it.

So, this week's Color Dare is Summer Sun, Old Olive, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla. What will you do with these fabulous summery colors?

4 comments:

Susan said...

Oh I really like this!

Danni said...

You did an amazing job with this! So nice!

Darlene said...

Fantastic job Anita, definitly inspires me to start using my medallion stamp. Love the colors!!

Dawn B. said...

I really struggle with Vintage. I love the way it looks just can't stamp it.. This is really pretty. I love the color combo.. Great card.