Friday, March 5, 2010

Raise the Book...I mean the Bar

So....did you know that March is Women's History Month? Well, I admit, I didn't until Joni set the theme for this week's Raise the Bar Challenge--to use a book image to celebrate WHM. And then she had to tell me that I had a book image to use because I couldn't for the life of me remember that I had this one! LOL

On another note about this card...I finally broke down and bought some alcohol ink markers...Touch brand... 8 in fact... 8 shades of GREY! OMWord...does one really need 8 shades of GREY??? Well, yes, apparantly I do. I used four shades of Cool Grey to color Ricky here...and I think for my first try, SHE turned out pretty good. Now I really need to read up on some tutorials about the shading because mine isn't very pronounced.

Last note...I found the sketch for this card on the Card Patterns blog and this week is their anniversary blog hop week, so there's some fun happening over there.

6 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

This is so adorable and your coloring is awesome! Really ... 8 shades of gray??? Hey, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do!! The colors are amazing and layout is Perfect!! Well done!

Lori said...

Anita, this card is super duper cute, I love everything about it!!!!

Rachel said...

Adorable!

Sparkle said...

Very cute!

lizaveta said...

What a cute card! I love this image!
Thanks for playing with us @ CP.

Janet said...

awesome card:) welcome to the team:)
hugs