Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Sketches! {by Tamara} - Recipe Challenge



Ok...please excuse me while I gush a bit...but isn't this card just GOJUS! (My apologies to JanTink, but I just had to). This is another one of those cards I was inspired to make by blurfing through Dawn McVey's blog. This card is sooooo simple but it's just beautiful I think.

The recipe challenge at Sketches! {by Tamara} this week is: Stamps, stitching and staples. YIKES...I've never done REAL stitching on a card, but I have to say, I think I'm addicted now. This was the first one I made with real stitching (I know I've posted other cards previously, but this one was MADE first lol). And staples??? Hmmmm...I'm not a big fan of staples, but I do occasionally use them on a ribbon attachment. However, being the good team player that I am, I went for it...thank goodness for Dawn McVey's inspiration on the layout with the stitching. This card was so quick to make you could easily mass produce them for Valentine's Day for family, coworkers, or even your kids to hand out. I think this is the one I'm going to use myself.

All the supplies for this card (except the sewing machine & staples LOL) are Stampin Up! so you know where you can get those! This piece of printed paper is from the new Designer Paper pack in the mini catalogue and the hearts stamps are from I {heart} Hearts, also in the mini. The border punch is the new Pinking Hearts punch and guess what...it has a matching corner punch, too :)

Ok...so now I'm all geared up for stiching & staples...I would love to see some other ideas for incorporating them into your projects...so please join in the fun this week and link your creation on the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog so we can all see.

8 comments:

Patti said...

Stitching on a card... you go girl! One of my fav techniques! Your card is GOJUSS! You should gush!

Joanne Travis said...

This is so beautiful, Anita!! Love all of your fabulous details here.

~*Joni said...

Gush girl, Gush!! This is simply beautiful! I tend to think of staples as a harder element to incorporate, but they look so elegant on your card. I love the focal point of the heart, and your stitching is awesome! I saw your comment about the Pasha badge. :( Just know that she is out there in blogland on sidebars in your honor!!

Rachel said...

This is AWESOME. I do not know how you do it!!!! Everything you make is GOJUSS!!

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card, Anita!! I love the punched borders and stitching!!

Danni said...

Totally gorgeous! So pretty and elegant!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Mindy Hanson said...

This IS a beautiful card. I may have to lift the design right now it is such a great design. Thanks for the inspiration :D