Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Sketches! {by Tamara} - Card Sketch

This week's challenge at Sketches! {by Tamara} is a very versatile sketch.
And here is my take on it

This is one of those cards that came together by "happy accident" :) I started with the flowers...picked three of these gorgeous K&Co flower brads that coordinated with SU colors. I picked my ink & paper based on the flowers...using up an old piece of Not Quite Navy print paper (see...there is a reason to hoard this stuff) and it just came together!

One of the things I love about this card is just how EASY it was to line up the sentiment stamps and get them straight. All of my new SU stamps are the clear mount option....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE them. I stamped the MOM first in navy and then added the second line and it lined up perfectly on the first try because I could see where I was putting it! YAY!

We'd love to see what your take on the sketch is this week. Please come join in the fun at the Sketches! {by Tamara} blog.

3 comments:

Patti said...

I love this Anita! Your flowers are perfect, the distressed paper totally makes the card pop1

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Danni said...

Gorgeous! Love the papers and colors...gorgeous!!