Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sketches! {by Tamara}


Whoo Hooo! It's my first post as a member of the Sketches! {by Tamara} design team. I am so excited to expand my horizons to scrapbooking challenges with this team. Tamara posts a different challenge each week...some are for cards and some are for scrapbooking. This week's challenge is a scrapbooking sketch.




And here's what I did with the sketch...it's a far cry from snowflakes LOL...but that's the point of a sketch. Once again, the hardest part of this layout for me was the title...I suck at titles. My Cricut sure does come in handy for making them....I just need a better way to figure out what to cut with the Cricut! I used a full sized 5x7 photograph on this 12x12 page. I printed the journaling strips right onto my cardstock and then trimmed (I hate writing on my pages as my handwriting SUCKS!) OHHHHHH! And that base paper is from the brand new Stampin Up! designer paper stack in the Occassions Mini-Catalogue just out.

We would love to see what you do with Tamara's layout sketch. Sketches make it sooo easy to complete a page, so if you're just getting started in scrapbooking, this is definitely the way to go! And if you need more inspiration, take a peek at the other Sketches girls work on the blog...they're full of awesome ideas to get your mojo going.

Next week we will have a recipe challenge for you that can be used for either cards or scrapbooking...don't forget to come back!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Oooooo scrap pages. I made my first page in AGES over the weekend and made a promise to do more pages in 2010, so I might have to check out this Sketches blog!

Congrads on making the design team - I love what you've done with this layout.

Sandi said...

Great job with this sketch! I need to get my butt in gear and start scrapbooking!

Danni said...

ohhhh..... I {heart} this!! Awesome!!