Friday, January 22, 2010

Raise the Bar - The Gift That Keeps on Giving


In the true spirit of "Raising the Bar" I really went out of my comfort zone for this week's challenge...I just don't do "vintage" or "shabby chic" very well...altho I LOVE the look. This week's challenge at Raise the Bar was to use something that was given to you. As I looked around my space, I was astounded that I couldn't find anything...no stamp sets... no paper...a few brads maybe...but THEN I found it...this gorgeous hand made flower embellishement that I won in Linda's blog candy a few months ago. OOOOO perfect! I needed to find a way to use this beautiful flower so I went on a search for some vintage-y paper to go with and found a K&Co stack that had this beautiful burgandy print in it. For the layout, I've been talking to my inner "Dawn McVey" today, caseing/ adapting several of the cards from her blog and this one is inspired by her work. If you're not familiar with Dawn's work you really need to check out her blog...it's just fabulous and she's best known for her "clean & simple" style, buttons and bows. You will also see her published in nearly every issue of every cardmaking magazine you can pick up LOL.

Please come over the Raise the Bar and check out what the other Bar Tenders have done this week with the gifts they've received. We'd love to have you join in the fun as well and show us something you were given.



7 comments:

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

You did such a great job on this creation Anita!! Personally, I LOVE vintage and this flower is awesome! Great choice of papers & border ... Well done!!

Country Mouse said...

I love this look!!! The flower w/ button is my favorite!!! Great job!

Sparkle said...

Such a pretty card!

Danni said...

Love that flower! Very nice card!

Sandi said...

What a neat card!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

very classy!

Linda B said...

You do vintage very well! Glad you made use of the flower:D