Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Distressing Corrosive Challenge


This week's challenge at Corrosive Challenges is "distressing". There are so many different types of distressing, that I decided to use a few techniques on this card.

  • I used a sponge and ink to "distress" all my edges.

  • I ripped the image panel.

  • I crumpled the white & green panel until it was SOFT and then flattened out...in person it has a lot of texture.

  • I used my edge distressing tool from Stampin Up! to shred the edges of the Regal Rose panel.
  • I tried to fray the edges of my ribbon, too, but it really just looks like a bad cutting job LOL

I also wanted to play in a couple of other challenges with this card...some for the second time this week :)

  • ColorQ - Razzleberry, Orchid, Regal Rose and Kiwi Kiss (I had to substitute Celery as I didn't have a cartridge for Kiwi Kiss)

  • Belli Challenge - glitter or rhinestones (I added a few tiny twinkles)

  • Flutterby Wednesday (new SU butterfly embosslit, new stamp set, new wheel)

  • Fussy and Fancy (new SU butterfly embosslit, new stamp set, new wheel)

  • Cute Card Thursday (new SU butterfly embosslit, new stamp set, new wheel)


  • PaperTake Weekly (new SU butterfly embosslit, new stamp set, new wheel)

20 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cute, Anita! i love the color combo and the butterflies.

Juanita said...

Love all those flowers and butterflies. That color combo rocks :).

Fussy and Fancy Girl Juanita

Nancy said...

Wow, Anita! This is gorgeous...your colors really chase away the winter blues!! Thanks for playing in the Flutter By Wednesday challenge with us this week!

Abi Bundy said...

beautiful love the colours and all those flowers! very pretty anita!

Danni said...

Ohhh..this is just so pretty!! I adore it..look at all those butterflies..gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with my flutter by challenge--again! :-)

Patti said...

Wow Anita.... this is awesome! I love your colors and layout is super cool! Great job on combining all those challenges!

Ceal said...

so pretty, love the colors! thanks for joining us in the belli challenge

Kimberly S said...

A very pretty color combo a and lovey little butterflies! Thanks so much for joining us for Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Sandi said...

I like how you popped up the F and LOVE all the texture on this card!

Carla aka scrappypug said...

so pretty!

Sam said...

Your card is beautiful. Great job on the challenge and the distressing. I love that cluster of flowers and butterflies.

Joanne Travis said...

Oh my, I LOVE this!! This set is so pretty and I love what you've done with it here. Fantastic color choice and layout.

jdmommy said...

I love these colors, and the additiion of the twinkles for the Belli Challenge. Thanks for playing!

Steph Zerbe said...

Wooo. Gorgeous!
Lovely blog and banner too!

JazzyH said...

Love the look!

Jacki Randolph said...

Love the color combo! What a great card!

Hugs
Jacki

Sandy said...

gorgeous card!!! I love the way you added all the little details!

Krista said...

Beautiful card. Love the Flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Fussy and Fancy.

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

What a fun, happy card. Love all the butterflies and the tiny twinkles! Thanks for playing along with us on the Belli Challenge!

Chrissy D said...

What a gorgeous card - love the color combo you chose! Thanks for playing in the Belli Challenge!