Friday, November 6, 2009

Sympathy Cards


Whooo Hooo! My first "commission" :) My SIL asked me to make a sympathy card for her to use. This is one of her two choices. I can't show you the other one yet. I love playing with this Iris...there are so many color combo possibilities. I colored this one with So Saffron, a bit of Crushed Curry and Pumpkin Pie. I did this card with the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday challenge in mind...the challenge was to use neutrals, texture and a pop of color. I showed this to my DH to see what he thought and he said the bow was "gaudy"... guess he doesn't understand the card making world at all! LOL

6 comments:

Cindy said...

What an absolutely lovely card!!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

A lovely image for a sympathy card.

Queenie Jeannie said...

This is really lovely! Great job!!!

Makiko Jones said...

What a stunning card, Anita!! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the vintage look!!

Dawn B. said...

Anita this card is stunning. I love the pop of orange.. Really nicely done.

Michelle said...

Brilliant card! Those colors with that DP and delicious bow are just gorgeous! :)