Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Pretty Picture of Patterned Pines and Pendants For Color Dare 41




Ok...I know that title was a bit of a mouthful...but it made you come look, didn't it? LOL I've been wanting to make one of these hanging ornament cards I saw in an old issue of Cardmaker and the other day I finally found the MOJO to do it! I can't seem to get a pic of the card that really shows the dimension of it...but I'll try to explain...There's a Bermuda Bay "V" at the top in the middle, that folds OUT from the middle...kind of like an overhang. From that overhang there are three die cut & layered snowflakes hanging.


And this is the outside of the card. This one is gonna be a double-stamper LOL...it's HEAVY! The pics just don't do it justice...it's much prettier in person when you can see the snowflakes hanging on the cords.

I had a psychic moment making this card...I actually made it, photographed it and had it scheduled to post all the day before Riley sent me the Color Dare for this week! Whoo Hoo! a Freebie LOL This is one of my fav color combos now...please join us so I can get some more ideas what to do with Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede and White!

Now please check out the post below as well, for more Spellbinders Pendant "play" :)

7 comments:

~*Joni said...

Oooh you are awesome! I love this card Anita, and I do see all the depths of this wonderful piece. You did an amazing job wiht the color combo and the 3D effect is just perfect. Yes, I love crazy titles, but I would have popped in anyway. ;)

craftykitten said...

Hi Anita,
What a gorgeous card. Lovely colour combo - definitely a new "in" combo. Will have to try this idea myself.
Hugs
Dawn xx

PaperCrafty said...

Beautiful card Anita!! Love the colors!!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful and I love the colors you used.

Martha said...

just wonderful loving the colors.

Joanne Travis said...

I love these colors for holiday cards!! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous colour combination! Love it!
Beth Greco