Thursday, October 29, 2009

Three Challenges: TWO cards


First up today is a double challenge card. As soon as I saw the Color Throwdown for this week (Elegant Eggplant, Bordering Blue and Rich Razzleberry), I knew I had to use my Siberian Iris stamp from Flourishes. And since I was using a Flourishes stamp already, I thought I should also try to do the Timeless Tuesday challenge for this week...thankfully it was an easy one to combine: using border punches or borderabilities. I LOOOOVE the result, if I do say so myself! The blue is the perfect complement to the rich purples and these two purples combined soooo well on the iris...I have a new favorite color combo for this iris!



And when I saw this week's sketch for the Fall-to-Layout, I knew it was another chance to use that little Studio G Nativity again!


Blog Hop(e)
TOMORROW
Please Come Back and check it out!
Click here for deets and to sign up (closes today, tho, so hurry!)


13 comments:

LeAnne said...

Well, this is just gorgeous! Thanks for using the CTD colors on this beauty! Your nativity card is precious, too!

PaperCrafty said...

Wonderful cards!! I love the rich colors on your first card!!

Lori said...

Wow Anita, this is absolutely GORGEOUS. I love that scalloped border and your coloring on the iris is again, AMAZING. I love the color combo and what you did with it. Really really great card.
I'm really liking the Natvity card too...that's a great stamp and a really nice color combo too.

Krystal (skdeleeuw) said...

Wow! That iris is amazingly gorgeous! What a beautiful card. Love the nativity one too. Great job on the challenge.

dpkennedy said...

Beautiful cards! Love that loopy border and gorgeous flower! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful!

Abi Bundy said...

beautiful!

Michelle said...

Hey hey - the order for tomorrow's Blog Hop(e) is posted here:

http://insidemyownprivateidaho.blogspot.com/2009/10/breast-cancer-awareness-blog-hope.html

KathyJ (Wattle) said...

WOW - your FTTC card is awesome with all those borders and the colours are fantastic! Your second card is wonderful too! Thanks for playing FTTC!! :)

cabio's craft corner said...

Gorgeous cards Anita. These are so pretty and love the elegant colors on them!
Hugs,
Cabio

Davi said...

Your card is very pretty. Your coloring of the iris is beautiful and the loopy frame is a wonderful element!

Annette said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards so love those wonderful purples you have used on the iris, arrived following Blog Hop(e) a little early I think, time difference, take careX:)

Jill said...

Love your cards--all of them. Fantastic creativity!
Just a little FYI you have my link wrong. It's: http://inkgenious.blogspot.com
Thanks so much! :)