Friday, October 23, 2009

Show off your Inktegrity!

Have you seen the super simple tutorial for the "Easel Card" on SCS? Once again I've put off trying something for a looooong time and wished I hadn't. This card is so easy to make and it's a great way to make a "stand up" card for someone to display...say on their desk at work :)

Joni has issued a new challenge at Inktegrity today, including a free image that you need to play along. The winner will be announced Nov 1 and will win free digi images! Here's my first creation using the new mug image.

I added a little gift card slot inside...I thought a gc to the local coffee shop would go well with this card and make a cute little prezzie for a birthday or Christmas. This card is 6" tall to accommodate the poem in a large enough font to read. I just couldn't resist the poem when I found it.

Just in case you can't make out the words on the card, here's the poem:

Caffeine is my shepherd; I shall not doze.
It maketh me to wake in green pastures:
It leadeth me beyond the sleeping masses.
It restoreth my buzz:
It leadeth me in the paths of consciousness for its name's sake.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of addiction,I will fear no Equal™:
For thou art with me; thy cream and thy sugar they comfort me.
Thou preparest a carafe before me in the presence of The Starbucks:
Thou anointest my day with pep; my mug runneth over.
Surely richness and taste shall follow me all the days of my life:
And I will dwell in the House of Mochas forever.
~Author Unknown

And since you're already here... I created this quick & simple card for two challenges this week. Janet at Corrosive Challenge blog wanted us to do a Halloween card, and this sketch is from The Pink Elephant Challenge.




4 comments:

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!!

Janet said...

very cool!! thanks for playing:)
hugs

PaperCrafty said...

Love your easel card Anita!! I have never tried one of those before.