Saturday, October 31, 2009

Doraline had a Playdate!


I decided to participate in a new challenge blog I found recently...it's called the Play Date Cafe Challenge...yes, I know I am addicted to challenges! Their challenge this week was: Orange, Yellow and Chocolate. I chose to use Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie and Chocolate Chip. This is my third try at coloring Doraline...and this is the only one of those three you're ever gonna see LOL. I find that every new stamp company, it takes me a few tries to figure out HOW to color them. I'm not real big on animal stamps, but this one was soooo adorable that I put it on my Birthday wish list and my friend Lorien sent it to me! So, I was determined to figure her out. On my screen Doraline looks kinda grey, but she's actually colored with Close to Cocoa.

Oh...another little thing I discovered today...you can refill your blender pens with water! I don't know why I didn't think of it before. I like the tip of the blender pens better than the Aqua Painters for blending on watercolor paper (which this is on)...but all my blender pens are dry... so I thought...hmmm....if I put water in, then they would be just like the Aqua pens, but with the tip I like! DUUUUUUHHHH! The blonde moments are coming much more frequently as I get older...and I refuse to call them senior moments yet!

13 comments:

Julie Ranae said...

Anita ~ So glad you could play with us at The Play Date Cafe! This image is adorable and the colors are spot on!

Hope you will get our 'I Play...' badge for your blog and look forward to you playing again!

Jennifer said...

I love it! Doraline is so cute.

Danni said...

Adorable!

Sarah Anderson said...

Oh wow! Your blog banner is the exact colour challenge colours!!! Gorgeous photo. And very cute card :)

PaperCrafty said...

Fabulous card Anita!! I love it!!

Julie said...

Adorable card, Anita! I absolutely know what you mean about how to work with stamps from different companies--they really ARE different! It takes a while! Beautiful work!

Linda B said...

Hi Anita! Great card! BTW, I was just at CPS and saw that you are this week's winner over there! Get over there and collect your winnings:D

*Alison* said...

Great Card.. The coloring on your stamp is wonderful.. thanks for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe.. I hope you will come back next week for my color combo. :) hugs

ps.. I have some free digi stamps on my site..

~*Joni said...

Anita! She is sooo cute in all of her autumn sweetness! You did an awesome job with the image and the color combo. Woohoo, you are on a roll hun, I saw who won the CPS challenge!! :D

CelticWoman said...

Anita, thanks so much for playing with us, your card is adorable, please come back next week too for our Play Date Cafe Challenge. Sandi

Dana said...

Oh Anita I love your card.

Joanne Travis said...

Cute, cute, cute!!!!

Melyssa said...

Sweet cards! I just love the images!