Monday, September 21, 2009

Digiments for a better world!

It never ceases to amaze me...the generosity of the crafting industry, that is. So many companies are supporting charities that are near and dear to them and Michelle at Digiments is no exception! This month Michelle is donating HALF of the proceeds from the September Digiments release to the work of TravellingMama...one family trying to make a difference in the world. To help spread the word, I decided to make a couple of cards with one of the FREE Digiments Michelle made specifically for this cause. As soon as I saw the quotes I thought of a cornucopia and went on a search. This particular cornucopia image was a freebie coloring page I googled up. I sized it, recolored it to match my SU papers, faded the tint a bit so it wouldn't overwhelm the Digiment, and then added the Digiment right on top. I printed it all in one piece and all I had to do then was mat it and put together the cards. These would be great cards for your local food bank to use as thank you cards, don't you think?

And did you notice the little embellishment on the second card? I'm having so much fun quilling with my SU paper scraps. For YEARS I've chucked those little 1/8 inch strips into the garbage...ohhhhhh the WASTE! I could have been making color coordinated quilling all that time! I feel faint. LOL Quilling is something I did years ago...I have a bunch of lacy little snowflakes for my Christmas tree and so on. The other day, while I was making another card for the upcoming Digiments release, I looked at some of those strips and it was like a bolt of lightening... Ohhhh...I could quill those! I think I've got a new obsession :) And a bigger pile of scraps now.

Ok...so enough about that... This is one of two FREEBIE Digiments available on the blog this week. Pop on over and grab them to play along with us. We'd love to see what you create with them. And come back over the next few days to see what else Michelle and the DT have been working on for the NEW RELEASE available on September 26! There will be 30 new Digiments available and the price is unbeatable!!! Just $15 for the entire set!





6 comments:

JazzyH said...

Cute!

PaperCrafty said...

Wonderful Fall Card!! Love the quilling embeli!!

Joanne Travis said...

Such a beautiful sentiment. I loved Mother Teresa, what an amazing woman she was.

Rebecca said...

These cards both turned out gorgeous. I love how you did your cornucopia behind the digiment. And the colors are just perfect.

Stamping Mutt said...

Wowza, Anita! These are great Fall cards - the colors really pop! The Fall theme is just a perfect combination with the "stamping for a cause" digiment!

kristina said...

This is a great card, not only pleasing to the eye, but to make people think.