Friday, August 21, 2009

PMS Belli Challenge

Last night I finally got to play in my new craft space! Unfortunately the first card I tried for the PMS challenge was a complete flop! I mean U-G-L-Y! I wasted a bunch of bling on it too :( Then I decided to break out Penelope...I have been intimidated by this PMS fairy for some reason and have put off using her. The PMS challenge this week was to use blue, green and black. Sounds pretty easy, but the first card was a disaster. I just didn't seem to have any paper that worked for me. THEN I remembered this SEI Charlemagne collection pad I had and everything just fell into place. This paper is so elegant and striking, it's the perfect match for Penelope. In the end, I'm very happy with this card...I didn't even CASE A sketch! Her wings are covered in stickles, which is why they are soooo bright :)

This is also one of my entries for the Belli Challenge this week...I haven't played there for a while. The challenge was to use only water based markers...NO COPICS. Not difficult for me since I don't have many Copics and I only use them for skin usually. So I used good 'ol Blush Blossom for her skin. And when you use markers & blender pens on watercolor paper you can get a similar shading effect to Copics.

13 comments:

PaperCrafty said...

Very pretty Anita!! You did a fabulous job coloring Penelope! Love the DP.

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Fern said...

Beautiful card.. Love what you did with Penelope.. Thanks so much for playing along with us on the Creative Belli Challenge..:o)

~*Joni said...

Oh this is so Asian in a very elegant and beautiful way Anita! I love Penelope, she is my fave out of all the fairies. Your details and balance of this card is wonderful. No copics on this? I am super impressed!

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Gorgeous colors and your coloring is wonderful. You're right - that Black Orchid paper is perfect. Thanks for playing with us in the Belli Challenge!

Meli Mitchell said...

Wow - she looks gorgeous. That patterned paper works PERFECTLY!

Abi Bundy said...

This is really cute! love those buttons! I have an award for you on my blog!

Debbie said...

BEAUTIFUL card! Love your coloring and the image is amazing. Thanks for playing with us over at the belli challenge blog! Hope to see you again soon!

Katie Cotton said...

love it!!!

jdmommy said...

This image is fabulous, and so is your coloring! thanks for playing the Belli!

Kim said...

Wow Anita, you've blown me away - so beautiful!

Chrissy D said...

Anita, this is gorgeous! Love the glitter on the wings too. TFS and playing along in the Belli Challenge!

Dani said...

Oh wow! This is gorgeous! Wonderful job! Thanks for joining in the Belli Challenge!