Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Personal Challenge

So, recently on the Canadian Express Image Swap thread at SCS, someone posed the question "which images are your fav/least fav to color?" Well, my fav is definitely the PMS fairies, followed closely by TGF's Anyas. And I find I have a difficult time with Sugar Nellies, Whiff of Joy and Magnolias for some reason. I think for one, I only have images of those, not the stamps, so I cannot do my fav thing which is to emboss the image on watercolor paper and color with markers and blender pens. So, I am limited to coloring with just markers, which makes it hard to shade, etc. Now, the opaque marker coloring seems to look great on Anyas, but not on some of the other stamps...at least not to me...maybe my standards are too high? When I do see a Tilda that I love it's usually colored by some Copic expert on an uber-talent design team somewhere.
So I got to thinking...maybe I just need to practice...maybe I haven't been fair to these fabulous images? So I went diggin in my image swap stash and pulled out this gorgeous Lilac Tilda and Summer Background. (I love the fact that Magnolia has backgrounds and accessories to go with Tilda & Edwin). My first issue with this is that whatever paper the stamper used didn't take SU markers very well, but only in spots...it's really weird. And it was a cardstock weight, so I found it harder to cut out, but oh well. Anyhow...here's what I ended up with...not one of my favs, but I guess I'm not totally embarassed to send it out :) Perhaps I'll give them another chance.


4 comments:

Cassie said...

i think you color great!!

and this is so cute!! love the way you did the cloud in the background - will have to remember that trick!!

Jennifer said...

Very cute Anita! You have been busy!

PaperCrafty said...

Adorable card Anita!!

Julie Temple said...

This is so adorable!! SHe is too cute colored in SU markers...just as cute as with Copics!! LOVE IT!
Thanks for visiting my blog and signing up for candy..GOOD LUCK!

Julie