Sunday, August 23, 2009

Flourishes Color Challenge

This week's Timeless Tuesday challenges on the Flourishes blog was: Olive, Red and Black. Since Irises and Daffodils don't come in those colors, I was left with a DIY topiaries to play with...I really need to get more Flourishes stamps, I just can't decide which ones! LOL I colored the topiary with Olive and added tiny little rhinestone stars...kind of reminds me of Christmas lights...I kept thinking "maybe this is what they do in the tropics" LOL. Anyhow....I love the way the card turned out, but I just couldn't put a sentiment on it...I like it plain. The flash on my camera caught the glow of the glue for the stars, but in person you don't see that...one of the pitfalls to taking photos when you're having a "hurricane"...although, this is a pretty tame storm to label "hurricane"!

I'm exhausted and it's not even supper time yet! I've spent a good part of the day scrapbooking while the kids watched movies during the storm. Unfortunately it wasn't the fun, creative type of scrapbooking that you want to show everyone when you're done. I went through a HUGE stack of writing samples, arts & crafts, journaling and paintings from DDs Primary year. I'd been putting it off because it's not "pretty" scrapbooking, but I do believe it's very important stuff to preserve. So, I spent hours at it this morning...some pages were just a "pocket" to hold a pile of writing samples. And then I had to fight with the darn scrapbook to get them all in...seems the protectors I'd stocked up on are only 11.75 x 11.75, so I had to trim everything down. As sore as my feet are from standing there all that time, I really feel like I accomplished a lot today. I mean a huge pile and a bucket of stuff is gone...sure, lots of it went into the recycling bag, but it's GONE. Now...I just need to get to work on the photos that are still stored on the computer LOL...but I'll save that for another day.

7 comments:

jacque4u2c said...

Very cute card!

PaperCrafty said...

Very cute card Anita!! Love how the red pops off the black.

Avril Ann said...

Love this Card Anita, I have just come over from Joni's blog, Love your blog, and your projects are fab. I have not even started scrapbooking my kids schooldays and they are now 31, 28, 24, 22, 17 & 16, maybe do the grandchildren....LOL, they are 11, 9 and 2....maybe the greatgrandchildren...LOL....hope your storm passes quickly, Hugs Avril xxx

JazzyH said...

I love the paper and how you colored the tree. Very nice!

Martha said...

so cute, love that image, and your coloring is amazing.

xiumaiyuki said...

This is so sweet and clever!!! I love those rhinestones...and yes, this is how we do it in Hawaii! :)

Abi Bundy said...

This is lovely