Monday, May 25, 2009

Stampin Out Alzheimers


Have you signed up to help Stamp Out Alzheimers yet? WHY NOT? This week, Jen Tapler has organized a fantabulous fundraiser full of card and scrapbooking challenges, freebies, downloads and PRIZES! Many of your favorite companies are sponsoring challenges over there and it's all for a GREAT cause. My Grandfather is in the very early stages of Alzheimers...he still drives most of the time, works around the house, teases my Grandmother...but there are days that he doesn't remember what happened yesterday. He's relatively healthy otherwise, so I know we've got a long road ahead of us with this disease and I want to do my part to find treatments and a cure.
This was the card I made for the MOJO Monday sketch challenge. Julee Tilman has "donated" today's sketch to the cause and is offering a great prize to one lucky winner at SOA. I decided to do something a bit different...I went TOTALLY DIGI on this card. YES, that flower & button are digi elements. The papers, flower & swirly are all part of the FREE Mini Digital kit you can download when you join SOA. Wanna know what's great about this card...besides the sketch, that is... it's FLAT enough to mail for one stamp! All I have to do is print it out and add to a cardstock base. Oh...and the sentiment is this week's freebie Digiment from Michelle...go check that out too.
Now, if I've piqued your interest in SOA, please click on the blinkie to the left and check it out...it's a minimum donation of just $5 to join in the fun. And you have all week to play along in the challenges.

5 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cool card!!! tfs!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Love the card, good luck in the Digiments Contest.

Rebecca said...

This is really awesome! I can't believe the whole thing is digital...that is really cool! I love the way the colors look together. I hope you will have plenty of time left to enjoy with your grandpa!

Lauren Colless said...

Gorgeous! Love those fresh colours!

Michelle said...

THAT is really cool! - - totally digi...but what do you do with it then...? Thanks for playing along!