Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Stained Glass - Color Dare 17

This is one of those retired sets I stalked on ebay for a looooong time. I just needed to have it. I love the irises and the hummingbird in this set. I tried to make an Easter card with it, but it was U-G-L-Y so I didn't post it ;) Anyhow, I tried again recently and practiced my watercoloring with blender pens again. I'm soooo happy with the way this card turned out! I embossed the image in black ep with Versamark. It really helps to keep the watercolor in place...but be careful to not touch the embossing while your coloring...puddles of ink on the embossing will smuge on your fingers and then the paper...it can ruin a well colored image (speaking from experience, of course LOL).


Again, this card was a bit of a cleaner upper...the CB panel was already done and I used scraps for some of the mounts & the punches...and even the main image! The colors are Kiwi Kiss, Elegant Eggplant, Pink Pirouette and Rose Red this week's challenge at Riley's Color Dare.

12 comments:

Michelle said...

Oh what GREAT colors!! And I love your little hanging sentiment like that – really really cute!

Martha said...

oh how pretty very nice ;)

xiumaiyuki said...

This is stunning!!! I love it! and the way that sentiment hangs down...perfect!

I have an award for you on my blog. Come by and pick it up when you have a chance. :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Linda B said...

Beautiful card!

Cathleen said...

Oh Wow! What a beautiful card and beautiful image, the colors and coloring are just outstanding! Clapping for your card!

Riley said...

Wow! This is gorgeous!!!

JazzyH said...

Pretty!

Steph said...

I agree, this is gorgeous! The stained glass window effect is stunning!

Scrubbysue said...

Oooooooooh.........how beautiful!!

Angela said...

Beautiful!

~*Joni said...

Beeeeautiful. I feel like I'm in a church! Your coloring is incredible!! I love the pallette that you chose, it's so soft and subtle but works just perfectly for your Ebay find. ;)