Thursday, May 28, 2009

My first Flourishes!


I have been absolutely DROOLING over this Siberian Iris set from Flourishes since it was introduced...I just never had a chance to order from them...UNTIL I won a gift certificate at their last SCS Release party...so I took full advantage and ordered this, the daffodil set that I also have coveted and their new DIY Topiary release. And so far, I LOOOOVE them. These will be great sets to practice my watercoloring techniques on.


Part of the reason I love Siberian Iris is that, like the Forget Me Nots, it reminds me of my Grandmother... when she died I was able to pull some Iris shoots/roots/whatever, from her back garden and while many other things in my garden die out after a couple of years these things grow and spread like weeds. It seems every year I have to split them again and now I have "my grandmother's" Irises growing in all of my gardens.
This was a card I made for Stampin Out Alzheimers' Verve Sketch Challenge. There's still a couple of days to join in and play over there... and there are great prizes up for grabs... I won a full sheet of Faerie Song Art Stamps yesterday! Just for playing along!

7 comments:

MrsETaylor said...

This card is absolutely stunning Anita. I love how you colored it. I've been eying that stamp too.

Joanne Travis said...

This is a gorgeous image, Anita. You have really done it justice with your lovely card. I love Flourishes stamps.

Linda B said...

Beautiful card and story, Anita!

Rebecca said...

This card is gorgeous! Your coloring on the flower is awesome. I love the story about your grandmother, thanks for sharing.

JazzyH said...

Very pretty!

stampin abi said...

gorgeous!

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card!! tfs!!